Friday, May 20, 2011

Gearing up for Fantasy 'Ard Boyz Semi-Finals

....meh

 Hey there folks!  Tomorrow is the Semi-Finals for Fantasy 'Ard Boyz.  I qualified for the Semi's with my somewhat soft Dark Elves (here's the link to that battle report, such as it is), and will hopefully be able to almost compete this time.  I heard there's like 15 people coming down from all over in Colorado, though I'm guessing that's a little bit exaggerated.


Anyways, I'm not going to change my list at all.  I got in a good 'warm-up' game tonight against the same Tomb King guy I played against in the last mission of the Prelims, but with the wonky Kill Points mission this time.  I did pretty well, and ended up with a win, despite my 5 billion kill points (3x Hydras + 5x Specials = me being glad the first round is randomly generated instead of based on how well I've done).

Getting back to the me not changing my list bit though, I don't really feel the need to change it, for some reason.  Maybe you can call it apathy- I'm certain that's at least part of it.  I honestly don't care a whole lot about what becomes of my Fantasy career, besides me having some fun in a game system that really is somewhat broke.

Sure, it would be nice to win a new 3000-point army that I can sell all of and flesh out my Guard/Salamanders/Blood Angels, but I really don't play enough to have enough skill to win the whole thing anyways, realistically speaking.

So, I'm just gonna get through it.  Maybe I can place, and hand my 'qualification' for Finals to someone else, since if I don't care about how I do in the Semi's, I care even less about trying to win a (fairly useless) first prize of $200 for spending $350+ to get to the event in the first place.

40k I'll care about a little bit more- I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.  Expect a battle report for the tournament, fail or really fail, sometime later next week.  Pictures as per usual, should be fun.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

ServvsUmbrarum said...

Good to see these occasional posts on fantasy. I don't play it but have been thinking about it from time to time. My LGS plays it a bit more than 40k (actually Infinity is the hot button in my LGS right now).

"The Initiate" - calmbeforewar.blogspot.com