Friday, February 25, 2011

Random Dark Eldar List- 1850


Yesterday, I was thinking a little bit about Dark Eldar, and decided to create an MSU list, since I haven't done anything of note with Dark Eldar yet, other than bash on Wyches, and draw against them every time I've played against them, lol.  So, here's my very first attempt at a competitive 1850 Dark Eldar list. 

Here's the list, I'll talk about it afterwards:

Archon w/  Huskblade, Combat Drugs, Soultrap, Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Shadowfield
Haemonculus w/ NOTHING (maybe put a flamer on him or something? lol)

5x Kabalite Warriors w/ Blaster, Venom w/ 2x Splinter Cannons
5x Kabalite Warriors w/ Blaster, Venom w/ 2x Splinter Cannons
5x Kabalite Warriors w/ Blaster, Venom w/ 2x Splinter Cannons
5x Kabalite Warriors w/ Blaster, Venom w/ 2x Splinter Cannons
5x Kabalite Warriors w/ Blaster, Venom w/ 2x Splinter Cannons
5x Kabalite Warriors w/ Blaster, Venom w/ 2x Splinter Cannons

7x Incubi w/ Raider w/ Flickerfields
4x Kabalite Trueborn w/ 4x Blasters, Raider w/ Flickerfields
4x Kabalite Trueborn w/ 4x Blasters, Raider w/ Flickerfields

Ravager w/ Flickerfields
Ravager w/ Flickerfields
Ravager w/ Flickerfields


So the rundown stats stats:


12 Dark Lances
14 Blasters
(26 total lance weapons)
72 Splinter Cannon shots (48 hit, 24 wound)
12 Vehicles
23 Kill Points
1 Very Killy Squad :-p

So, lots of troop killing ability- I didn't even mention the splinter rifles on the warriors.  They matter, but you can't focus fire with them as well as with the other cannons.

There's also a reasonable amount of tank-kill here.  I mean, 26 lance weapons will turn into zero quick enough if I fail to kill the correct targets, but if I'm able to shoot 26 in a single turn, 17 will hit, and I'll be able to shake what... 8 chimera chasis/turn, statistically (if they don't have smoke).  More if I can get some side shots.

The Venoms can be used to block line of sight to my ravagers, or to move up and block movement of Land Raiders in a wall of annoyingness until the Lances can bring them down.

My obvious bane would be kill points.  Against some armies who only have 8, I'd have to table them completely.  But, I don't think that it will necessarily matter a whole lot.  If I'm able to get a single good round of shooting in during the first turn, there might not be much of an army left for them to shoot back with- at least, not much of an un-shaken army, lol.

Guard makes this list nervous, though I think Guard makes any Dark Eldar list nervous, lol.  So does Razorspam w/ Wolves.

The killy squad makes me happy, because it kills basically anything it touches, and has FNP as well.  The Archon is kind of a badass too.  Still, that squad costs a lot of points- (over 400 with the haemonculi and raider included).  I could have... more Trueborn w/ blasters + 2 squads of Reaver Jetbikes w/ melta, in place of that squad.  Certainly something to think about...

So, what do you think?  Is it a total ridiculous fail?  How would you change it?

5 comments:

Terminus Est said...

I would love to see you draft a more imaginative list. I know you could come up with some crazy that is competitive. I love the Archon - that is pretty much how I plan to run mine... Maybe Vect occassionally.

I am planning to start playing dark eldar soon - they are vicious indeed.

Nice to see ya last weekend.

G

Commander_Vimes said...

Really a bland list. Certainly nasty, but just looks boring.

Something I've yet to see online is a combination of Vect with Webway Portals. Vect almost guarantees that your portals are placed halfway up the field. I'm thinking a bunch of Beast squads and Taloi appearing at midfield and charging in is pretty brutal. If I was to build a DE list, that's how I'd go.

Unknown said...

I like it a lot, what do you think would happen vs. the SM list I sent you, and by the way I switched one devastator squad out for Kantor, (3 attack tactical marines FTW!) and a pw on sternguard (points filler) for 1850 I would get power fists on tacs+stearnguard and maybe more stearnguard....

Xaereth said...

Lol, everyone's right that it's bland. It was more of a mental exercise than anything- I'd like to start a Dark Elf army, but that will be a project for the future, not anything too current. As it is, I'm just terrified of Guard w/ Dark Eldar- you need to maximize the Dark Lances/fusion weapons to stand a chance. I'll try to think of something more 'exciting' lol.

Good to see you too BBF, congrats on the high placement!

Zachary: Did you send me a list? It seems like every other email you send gets lots. Feel free to send it again if you want.

Terminus Est said...

Thanks Adam. It was a fun weekend for sure.

: )

G