Friday, February 4, 2011

Blood Pact!



An Article by C.J. Young


Hello Everyone,

Well, after having shown you all my Knights of Victus which has consumed all of my 40k efforts for the past eight months I thought I would switch gears and start working on my Blood Pact again. The Blood Pact are my favorite army and I have spent more time on them then any other army I have ever worked on! 


I have used the current IG Codex, the past two editions of the IG Codex and the old Lost and The Damned list to play them over the past eight years. I have built three versions of the army and none of the models in the first army still exists in the current version. I played my current version of the army at last years Adepticon where it won first place in the Black Library theme contest which I was very proud of. It also took Horustooth Heresy's (this is a new and great large scale regional tournament run by the guys at the Fort Collins Warparty) Best Painted last year and has won many other smaller tournaments painting awards. Well, the time has come for me to revisit the army again and add more units that I have not had a chance to convert and build in the past.

For those of you who do not know who the Blood Pact are check out this link for lots of cool info about them(you may have to paste this in you browser).
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Blood_Pact
The Bl
ood Pact are the main bad guys in Dan Abnett's Gaunts Ghosts series. In a nutshell, they are the elite shock-troops of the Chaos Forces in the Sabbot Worlds and have a ton of back story about them.

I plan to post pictures of the army (that played at last years Adepticon) and also do hobby articles on the new units that I will be building over the coming months. I will also give talk a little bit about the type of list I am trying to build and what it is trying to do on the battlefield. I will not be going too far into tactics, because that is Xaereth's specialty and to be honest he is a lot better tactician then myself (Shhhh, keep that under wraps, because I don't want him to know I think that). 


In all truth this will be the hardest part about building this new edition of the Blood Pact, because I have always struggled with making a good list and keeping it themed at the same time. I hate to be the one to break it to you, but the two rarely go hand and hand. That said, it is going to be a lot of fun and I hope you will check back from time to time to see whats new. I also hope to get your thoughts and opinions along the way! Until next time thanks for reading!

No comments: