Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A new contributor!

Hey all!

You may have previously seen me commenting on lots of Xaereth's posts. Well, I am pleased to now be a contributor to the blog. I have known Xaereth for over two years now and we met back in Laramie when it was a pretty happening gaming community. Fast forward to the present, I am still living in Laramie working as a Software Engineer, whilst spending every spare minute I can painting my beloved toy soldiers.

First of all,
I think a bit of background may be in order. My name is Jon and I've been collecting GW products for 15 years now. I remember cradling my first box of Epic 40,000 way back in the day and from there...well the passion for the hobby just hasn't stopped! I moved over to the USA from Australia back in 2008 and that was when I met a fantastic group of guys who are as passionate about the hobby as I am.

For those of you who know me, I am not much of a gamer. I love going to and participating in tournaments and such...however I don't tend to do that well. I consider my strength to be my painting ability and always aim to win 'Best Painted' awards. For me, it's such a sense of pride and fulfillment to show off your skills at the hobby.

Here are a couple of photos (apologies for the lack of photo quality) detailing some recent projects of mine:

Converted Beastmen Ghorgon:



My 3500-5000 pts of Beastmen:


My Space Wolves:




Sisters of Battle:




I have done a lot of commission work in the past and may be up for doing it again. If you have any questions or want a quote, feel free to shoot me an email (the_night_goblin@hotmail.com).

My aim as a contributor to this blog is to bestow painting wisdom and techniques that you may have heard about, but don't really know how to go about getting them done. I want to inspire creativity and the urge to try new techniques!

I will also be showcasing my various WIP's.

Thanks for stopping by. I will be sure to have my first article ready for you next week sometime.

-Ulven

No comments: