Friday, September 2, 2011

Off to Tacticon

Well guys, got another con to go to tomorrow.  I realize it's been less than a week since the Nova, but Tacticon waits for no man.

Lists for both the 40k and Fantasy events follow!


This one is a 2000 point local(ish) GT, that generally has anywhere between 40-70 players involved.  I understand they'll be using the ATC format that was used this year.  A quick rundown of the way it's scored, to my understanding:
  • 30 possible (max) battle points per game
  • 3 different 'objectives' every game, each one the same each game
  • 10 points per 'win' on each individual objective, 5 points per draw
  • 5 extra points if you 'win' your game
  • So, even if you win by so much that you'd get the full 35, you'd still only get 30.  By the same token, if you win 2 of them and draw a 3rd for 25 total, your 'win points' would boost you up to 30
  • Painting is scored as 'are you painted?'  If so, you get full points.
  • Not sure on how sportsmanship works added as a soft score- doubt it'll be anything terrible though.
So, 5 games of 40k between Friday and Saturday.

Then a 3-game Fantasy RTT w/ about 40 players on Sunday!  Dark Elves for the win!

Here's the Dark Eldar list I'll be taking.  Comments follow:

2000 Points of Dark Eldar (Kabal of the Awesome Sauce):

Baron Sathonyx
Haemonculus

18x Hellions w/ Helliarch
3x Wracks // Venom w/ 2x Splinter Cannons, Grisly Trophies
5x Warriors w/ Blaster // Venom w/ 2x Splinter Cannons, Grisly Trophies
5x Warriors w/ Blaster // Venom w/ 2x Splinter Cannons, Grisly Trophies
5x Warriors w/ Blaster // Venom w/ 2x Splinter Cannons, Grisly Trophies
5x Warriors w/ Blaster // Venom w/ 2x Splinter Cannons, Grisly Trophies

9x Reaver Jetbikes w/ 3x Heat Lances, Arena Champion w/ Venom Blade
6x Reaver Jetbikes w/ 2x Heat Lances, Arena Champion w/ Venom Blade
6x Reaver Jetbikes w/ 2x Heat Lances, Arena Champion w/ Venom Blade

Ravager w/ Flickerfield
Ravager w/ Flickerfield
Ravager


Notes:


This is an imperfect 'fix' for the terribad (for me) Incubi that I had failed with so hard at the Nova.  To replace them and their Raider (229 points), I managed to get:
  • 5 Warriors w/ Blaster
  • Venom
  • 3x Reavers w/ 1x Heat Lance
  • 3 Arena Champions w/ 3x Venom Blades
Not sure if that's the current loadout I want- I was originally actually planning on getting two squads of 9x Reavers w/ Agonizers instead of Venom Blades, but the stores around here only had a single box of Reavers, so I was stuck with painting 3 Reavers, 5 warriors, and the Venom in like 3 days, lol.

I also thought I'd see how I liked losing a Flickerfield on the Ravager.  Chances are I won't like it.  Or I'll just forget about it, causing massive edrama.  lol

Still, if I end up being indifferent about the Flickerfield, I might in the future experiment with losing all 3.  The end goal is to get a list that I feel comfortable with playing against any opponent- Flickerfields made me somewhat sad in the Nova.  Bad dice rolls for them all over the place, in hindsight.  Ah well.  Enough blather.

Overall, I very much like this version instead of having the Incubi.  You'll see eventually in my Nova reports- my list won't miss the Incubi at all.

As to my Dark Elf list, here's my stab in the dark at it:

2200 Points of Dark Elves, Kingdom of the Awesome Sauce

Dreadlord w/ 1+ Armor Save, Reverse Ward Save, S6 Sword, General
Supreme Sorceress w/ Lvl. 4, Sacrificial Dagger, Lifetaker (S4 3x shot bow, always hits on 2+)

Master w/ Cold One Chariot, BSB

10x Crossbowmen w/ Shields, Standard, Musician
10x Crossbowmen w/ Shields, Standard, Musician
10x Crossbowmen w/ Shields, Standard, Musician
28x Warriors w/ Shields, Standard, Musician, Standard of Flaming Attacks

20x Black Guard w/ Standard, Musician, Armor Piercing Standard
Cold One Chariot
Cold One Chariot

War Hydra
War Hydra

Notes:

Heh... 2200 is a weird point level.  I wanted to try the killy Dread Lord out.  He served me well in 'Ard Boyz this year, and I'll see if his 'unkillableness' will help me out.

Probably won't, lol.

Ah well, Sunday is for fun, and losing all my games if needs be. 

Cool, I'm outro.  Wish me luck!

(oh yeah, I'll be doing batreps for these too- daunting list, eh? :)  )

No comments: