Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Upcoming Stuffs



So folks, how's the day?  I'm working on my 'cliffnotes' batrep of my Dark Eldar at the Open, but it's not quite done yet.  Senior year as an English major has me writing sixteen 5+ page papers in the fifteen weeks of the semester (and only four of them are actually only five pages - I have THREE 15-20 page papers).  Take that on top of work, and me trying to get an army painted in 3 weeks, I can only get so much blogging done, even with 4 hours of sleep/night :-p

Guess the first thing I should do is put in a plug for my local club's yearly event:  The Horustooth Heresy.

It's a one-day event, with Warmachine, Flames of War, and of course, 40k.  Entry fee is $20.  I haven't even signed up for it yet, since I don't yet have said $20.

I'm hoping it's not a bust.  I asked what I could do to help, and they said "nothing, just show up", giving me the addendum of "if you still have your blog, and people actually read it, you could mention it on there".  So... there ya go.  haha  I don't think a lot of the state even knows it's going down, sadly :(

Looks like it'll be fun though.  Last year, the prize support was apparently quite excellent:  Best Painted for 40k got (I think) $200 voucher at a game shop.  I have no idea what best overall got (I couldn't go last year) :-p

I'll probably be bringing Blood Angels, if I can get them done in time.  Rush jobs FTW :)




And then we have the epic Feast of Blades in early November.  I'm apparently the defending champ, and got auto-invited into the invitational, meaning I didn't have to do much work to get in, and am therefore woefully unprepared..  There's lots of pressure for me to perform, and I'm not sure what list I want to take.  Probably a few articles asking for advice will come out in the next few weeks, but for now, just wanted to point it out.

They let the wookie win last time.  Hopefully they won't let the goatboy win this time :-p

After that... hm.  Maybe I'll start Necrons :-p

I won't have another 'major' event until February, which is probably for the best.  I can finally get caught up on my battle reports, lol.

Any votes on what army I should take to the Feast?  Who's gonna be there?  Can't wait :)

No comments: