|Action shots from my 5th edition Dark Eldar!|
- This comes to a little over 1750. I would need to drop something like the Shard of Anaris or a Hellion + Grisly Trophies, etc. to make it work.
- Hellions do their pain token shenanigans so they essentially start the game with FNP and Furious Charge. JetSeer stays with them to give them Fearless (Shard of Anaris) and a way to kill big things in close combat if they need to. This unit has historically been really tough for my opponents to deal with. Maybe that will continue to be the case :-p
- The list presented here gives me a lot of shots - only two Venoms, but I also get two Wave Serpents and the Hellions' shooting.
- Wraithknight gives me extra tank-killing shots and another (tough) close combat threat. Good tarpit unit, and really adds to my resilience.
- Ravagers + Wraithknight all have good AP2 weaponry, and will kill tanks reasonably well. Hellions also kill tanks in close combat, despite the nerf to Furious Charge.
- JetSeer just makes units around it better - Guide + Prescience + a good chance at a decent power from either Runes of Fate or Divination (roll on Fate first for one roll). Prescience on the Hellions is awesome, and Guide on a random vehicle is pretty reasonable as well.
|Yes, at one point I even ran Incubi.|
- Really, just replacing the Hellions with lots of Guardians. Guardians are less mobile than Hellions, and less combat-savvy, but lots of rending, board control, etc.
- However, less ability to deal with high-toughness spam. Also, this type of list would really benefit if I just broke down and played Eldar (two Farseers, more Wraithknights, etc.)
- 4 more Lance shots - really not a bad thing, generally
- I could find room for some Swooping Hawks if I wanted
Thoughts? If you had to run Dark Eldar, how would you go about it?