Sunday, July 10, 2011

Back From BoLSGamesCon!

Well folks, I'm back from Austin!  It was a fun tournament, getting lots of good games in and meeting a ton of new cool people!  It was fun to see old friends as well- cons are great for hanging out with friends from all over the country :)

I played in the Mirror Match on Friday, and it was cool- I'll give the results a little lower, so I don't 'spoil' the result for those who want to read my report.

I then played the GT, and though it was a little disappointing to me in some ways, it was really good in others.

*****SPOILER ALERT*****

My Results for the various events:


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Mirror Match Results:  2nd place- they didn't have the 5th game for all the marbles, but... whatever.  I think I was tied with a dude from the Wrecking Crew, but I'm guessing it was strength of schedule that put me in 2nd and him 3rd.  /shrug

Day 1 GT:  Well... got 77/120 points, with 3 wins and a loss.  The cutoff to get into the big 'day 2' was 78 points, so I was relegated to the RTT the next day.  Extremely disappointing, though I think I learned a lot about how my list works.

Day 2 (RTT):  I ended up with 90/90 total points on day 2, and won the RTT with Best Overall.  Not nearly as prestigious as winning the whole event, but I took an extremely disappointing situation from day 1, and turned it into a big chunk of prize support.  I also learned a lot about my list this day.

What I learned, in two words:  Beasts.... suck.

More Words:  Seriously, they failed me in every game I needed them in.

Final Words:  Fun tournament, I'll have the full huge report up in a few days, hopefully.  The Mirror Match has pictures, but the report won't be nearly as detailed as the GT. 

A Teaser:  Here's a picture of the first army I had to play in the GT, with my Dark Eldar:
*gulp*

No comments: